So when we left off on part 2, we had just been discharged from the ER.
The following week after my ER stay, I had an appointment with my doctor on July 14 and she did an ultrasound and saw that everything hadn’t come out so she wanted me to do one more dose of the medicine. I went home that day and did the medicine. I passed what I believed was what she saw on the ultrasound. After that, I had no more bleeding and I was glad everything was out and ready to move on.
I had an appointment on July 20 to make sure that what the doctor saw on the ultrasound on July 14 was out. It was another ultrasound and after this ultrasound, I met with the case manager who wanted me to have an appointment with my doctor ASAP. She got me in and the doctor informed us that everything was still not out. The doctor said at this point, the best option for us would to be to have a D&C immediately. She was scared that I could get an infection. I had some crackers that morning so we had to wait until 5PM to have the procedure done. They did some pre-op blood work, had me sign a consent form, and sent me home. They wanted me to come back later that day for the procedure.
We got to the hospital and they were waiting for me. I got checked in, got my IV started, and then Sean was able to join me. Everything moved so quick and at 5PM, they started the first dose of anesthesia, I kissed Sean, and they wheeled me back. I started giggling and they said that is one of the side effects of this medicine. I remember being in the operating room and the nurses and anesthesiologist telling me to think of a place I wanted to vacation and the next thing I remember, I was in recovery. Because this was my first time under general anesthesia, it took me a while to come out of it. We got discharged around 7:45PM. I came home and slept it off. Sean took such good care of me!
Had I known that I would have to go through all of this, I would have opted for the D&C at the beginning. I was told, however, that cytotec works 87% of the time. I was hopeful I wouldn’t have to be one of the 13% it didn’t work for. I’m glad that everything is done now. Sean and I are ready to move on, do some healing as a couple, and try again. We definitely want to try again and document our journey on the road to parenthood.